AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Voice of Agriculture?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KDD
Posted 12/4/2010 14:07 (#1467697 - in reply to #1467597)
Subject: RE: The Voice of Agriculture?

Leesburg, Ohio
It would be very difficult to have one organization speaking for every possible agricultural interest in a country with ag as diverse as it is in the US.

That said, the American Farm Bureau, and its state and local members is the largest of any of the farm organizations in the country, with the most active farmer members, which in my view makes it logically the most representative of any of the farm organizations.

I am a member and former state officer of the FB, and have seen how the organization works to represent its members. I am also an active member of corn, soy, and beef associations, and feel that they all play a vital role in representing me in Washington and Columbus.

Recently, all the farm orgs in Ohio seem to be working closer together than they sometimes have in the past, probably due to our recent and ongoing fight with HSUS. We would be well served for all our farm orgs to keep in mind the best interests of our entire industry, and to continue working together toward that end. When we speak with too many differing voices, it just gives our opponents more opportunity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)