AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn acre #'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sprout
Posted 4/12/2007 10:31 (#135219)
Subject: Corn acre #'s

Are any of you honestly changing your cropping plans in light of the current weather and market events? I'm having a hard time understanding why the markets act like all is well from my view in NC Iowa. Is the delayed planting scenario actually going to increase corn acres? I don't see how I can get my NH3 on and finish planting corn and not be at least 2 weeks later than normal even if the weather turns excellent immediately. The Coop admits there will be delays with nitrogen product because everyone will want to go at the same time so I will probably be sitting on some beautiful days waiting for tanks. Do you think corn acres will be lower down south due to the cold? My Pioneer dealer, and he is a huge one, told me to get it right the first time because he only has 2 pallets of replant seed for his whole area and there won't be more. Have any of you cancelled seed corn in favor of another crop or are we really gonna be fence row to fence row corn? I have most of my '06 sold at good levels and also some good sales for '07 so I'm not asking this from a fear standpoint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)