AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troubleshooting getting krohne output to insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 11/6/2010 17:48 (#1424420)
Subject: Troubleshooting getting krohne output to insight

Let me start by saying last year we bought a new 2000 tube/ifc100 from krohne, but the output was erratic. However I thought this was due to spreading on top vs. injecting (air in flow, etc). This year same thing even injecting so I started troubleshooting. btw last year was using a raven 4400 and this year an insight - same problem.

Do the raven harnesses (I'm using the manure harness) run the flowmeter cable all the way through in shielded cable or does it change to individual wires somewhere? I might try replacing a section of cable.

At first the reading on the insight (w/direct command and liq/aux modules) was jumping from 0 to 13000 to 6000 once in a while and after a while I noticed that it closed the regulating valve (my dc motor driven 6" ball valve works great btw). Then I started checking connections with no success. The flowmeter is connected to the white (signal) and shield (0 volts) of the raven cable. I swapped the shield for the black wire with no improvement and I hope I didn't fry something since the raven's black wire is +5 vdc (I assume the agleader is the same as the raven). nothing

Gerard graciously answered an email and told me the gs2 system just uses the straight passive pulse output (just a switch) of the krohne while I was told by krohne to set it up in 'active' mode using a jumper from the current (A) output. I tried the passive pulse output with no luck and I'm going to try a pull up resistor (thx again gerard) next to see if I get a pulse.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to check the krohne output with a digital voltmeter or do I need to buy an old 440 console? I don't see anything damaged on the raven harness and I replaced the signal harness from the flow meter to the raven harness (using a raven extension cable).

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)