AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 Coverage Logging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2007 16:24 (#129799 - in reply to #129232)
Subject: Re: EZ 500 Coverage Logging

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It turns out I was confused and possibly still am about the 500 cables.

I tried using the Ag Leader 4000492-1 cable that worked with my EZ-Guide+ to my Insight. When I did this I with the 500 to Insight, I got no action on the Insight.

Upon looking at the 500 screen it seemed like the NEMA OUT menu had moved on me. I did find it under the AutoSteering setup menu. With it turned ON the GPS OUT goes to the Diagnostic 9 Pin of the autopilot harness which is used for calibrating the autopilot with a laptop.

This probably explains why the Mouse on my laptop went wacky for a while when I was trying to calbibrate the autopilot. I probably had the GPS OUT turned ON which was sending information out to my laptop which felt is was a Mouse attached to the port. I later reset the 500 to factory defaults which may explain why my computer behaved then.

It also appears I was confused about the so called hammerhead cable. Looking through the Trimble wiring diagrams this cable is used in many places. For me it seems that I would use it with a Keypad and the three pole weatherpack seems to have the IMP switch on Pins B & C with Radar out possibly on Pin A.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)