AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 Coverage Logging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2007 09:43 (#129085 - in reply to #128920)
Subject: RE: EZ 500 Coverage Logging

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am not completely certain on this but I believe that the same cable that was used with an EZ-Guide+ would work for the 500 also.

I don't know the part number here at home but the cable I'm thinking of goes into the 9 Pin port on the back of the 500 and leads to a three connections. The slang term for this cable is "Hammerhead". At the Hammerhead end there is a 9 pin port for a keypad, a 9 pin port for GPS and a weather pak connector for an external switch.

For safety, I would use a relay in between the Raven and the 500. I would get a light duty SPST relay that is Normally Open. Wire one side of the relay coil to the Raven Orange/White wire. The other side of the coil should go to Ground (Raven White or any Ground). The Raven Orange/White will have 12 volts on it when the Master Switch is ON and O volts when the Master switch is OFF. The output terminals of the coil should go to the weather pak connector.

With this setup whenever the Raven Master is ON, the relay points close connecting the circuit for the 500. This relay may not be completey necessary but it is the safest way to handle situations like this. With the setup that I described, the 500 is only feeding itself when the relay is closed. This should prevent any damage from a different voltage level of an outside source.

I believe you would also need to activate this feature in the 500. Seems like there are several choices, you would pick External Switch.

Edited by tedbear 4/1/2007 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)