AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ 500 Coverage Logging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2007 14:57 (#129232 - in reply to #129104)
Subject: Re: EZ 500 Coverage Logging

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It is not the same as the radar out cable but it does plug into the same place on the bottom of the EZ-Guide+.

One radar out cable that we use is just a Tee between the 9 pin out the bottom with a 9 Pin branch and the two pin Deutsch connector for the radar cable or you choice.

The cable I am thinking of is a Trimble cable that has a 9 Pin to the bottom of the EZ-Guide+ and ends up in a 9 pin for the keypad if used, a 9 pin for GPS and a weatherpak (for the switch), this one doesn't have the radar out.

There is yet another tee cable from Ag Leader that I used that has a GPS out branch to go to the Insight or PF3000 harness.

Just this morning I was thinking that I really might want a cable that is the combination of the two.

I need the GPS out for my Insight, the keypad, implement switch (possibly) and radar out (possibly). I don't know if the two cables mentioned above can be stacked (I would think so) or if a special "one does it all" cable could be made.

You might wonder why I would use the 500's mapping when I have an Insight. The reason is that the Insight is not always available in this tractor and the coverage map might be useful.

I will try to investigate the idea of making a "combo" cable that could do the above things. I envision that a junction box might be needed for the various splices. This box could hold the relay (opto-isolater, etc) that might be used with an implement switch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)