AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wasnt going to post this.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 8/26/2010 17:57 (#1333638 - in reply to #1333627)
Subject: RE: I wasnt going to post this.......

Mascoutah, Illinois
The southern third of Illinois was only SIX DEGREES above normal for the first twenty one days of August. Yield reports from the southern tip of the state haven't been nowhere near last year when we had a record corn crop. Most areas are 700 plus GDU's above normal for the growing season in the southern half of the grain belt.

The post I made about corn drying down too quickly in the SOUTHERN HALF of the grain belt will come to fruition. Temps will be in the 90's once again by the weekend with no rain in sight for the next seven days. (The northern half of the grain belt is a totally different story. The dividing line has been cast this growing season.) Our crop is finishing and moisture will drop a point a day with this weather.

The Illinois number was a joke all along after I started receiving emails from guys in Central Illinois telling me what their yields were looking like.

I kept reiterating the highs are in until the majority of the harvest is complete. Some just don't want to come to the realization the southern half of the corn belt won't come close to last year's yield numbers. Once enough acres have been combined, I become bullish assuming we do not have an economic collapse and see a 5 in front of corn prices.

Some patience will be required.

Edited by djmcountryboy 8/26/2010 18:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)