AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ guide 500 to PF3000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/20/2010 17:58 (#1324308 - in reply to #1324008)
Subject: RE: EZ guide 500 to PF3000

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
TS79 - 8/20/2010 11:58

You will need a separate power cable, the unit cannot be powered through the serial port. You will also need a serial cable with a null modem cable to connect to the pf3000. The serial cables are just a common 9 pin serial cable, the null modem cable has pins that switch positions through the cable, most electronic stores will have no clue what your talking about. An Ag Leader or Trimble dealer would be your best bet. A regular coax cable will work fine for you antenna.

I disagree, the null modem is not needed with this combination of equipment. As KRK says below a regular extension cable will do but it is wise to clip all the male pins but 2,3 & 5. This may not be absolutely necessary but is a wise precaution as Ag Leader sends out power on Pin 4 and Ground on Pin 6. Pins 2,3 & 5 are all that is necessary to get GPS from the EZ guide to the PF3000.

The EZ-guide will need to get power from another source as usual. A spare antenna cable could be purchased to make the move easier.

The EZ-Guide will need to be programmed to output NEMA messages of VTG and GGA at 8,N, 1 with a BAUD rate of 4800.

Edited by tedbear 8/22/2010 07:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)