AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Guide and EZ-Steer Update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/9/2007 07:24 (#117078 - in reply to #116877)
Subject: Re: EZ-Guide and EZ-Steer Update-Think I got it now

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I thought I had this pretty well figured out but some good points have been brought up in this discussion.

I agree that in general rolling firmware back is a bad idea. I am thinking in the case of the EZ-Steer, the V 4 Family (not out yet) is designed to work with the EZ-Guide 500 while the V3 family is designed to work with EZ-Guide+. I assumed this is due in part to the 50 Hz rate as utilized by the 500 and "running out of room" to have the firmware support both platforms with the same version.

Codrylander, after doing some research I have made the following conclusions: V 4.01 is for the EZ-Guide+. It is listed on Trimbles site under BOTH EZ-Guide and EZ-Steer. This is firmware for the EZ-Guide as it is listed there also. It is the latest and greatest for the EZ-Guide+.

The warning note leads to much confusion: The current version of firmware for the EZ-Steer is sometimes listed as 3.00.01 and other times as 3.01. They are one and the same. This is the version that you are probably currently using. In words - probably do nothing to the EZ-Steer but upgrade the EZ-Guide+

V 4.x for EZ-Steer will be necessary but I don't see it listed anywhere. Again the V 4 that is listed under EZ-Steer is actually the firmware for EZ-Guide and probably shouldn't have been placed there.

I am in full agreement with not backrolling the firmware in an Insight.

Edited by tedbear 3/9/2007 10:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)