AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bridge Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 5/6/2010 07:51 (#1187480 - in reply to #1187428)
Subject: RE: Bridge Pictures

Alton, Ia
Thanks for all the info, Bobby. I was unaware they had built a new bridge. You are right about the heavily used RR line. Way back in 1986, I was at ISU. Three friends and I rented a really nice duplex along 13th st. in Ames, 1315 Ontario Circle, IIRC. Anyway, we never went and looked in the backyard, or behind the treeline, And kinda forgot about where the tracks run through Ames.

OOPS. Came to fall, back to school time, wow. Every 20 minutes, you hung up the phone, and got ready. Eventually we got used to it. It was kinda fun to watch, sometimes auto carriers, lots of coal, hopper cars, etc. The shortest path from my student job to home was along the tracks, one time, about dark I might have been taking a shortcut, started hearing the tracks "sing". Kept looking behind me, nothing coming yet, took a lot longer than normal for the train to come. Can't recall the number of cars, maybe ~150, but do recall it had 8 engines. Every car a gondola, with one roll of steel at each end, over the wheels. They just kept coming.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)