AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to update pick-up. New or Used?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 2/6/2007 14:10 (#100263 - in reply to #100257)
Subject: RE: Who are you to determine what people's priorities are???

NE SD

Blossom - 2/6/2007 12:49 Well, really its nobody's business whether you can afford payments or not.

Exactly. 

But the point was made that if you drink, smoke or gamble(?), you can't afford a new truck. I don't drink, smoke or chew. Somebody putting labels on people that have "habits" in a spiteful manner tick me off more than my neighbor questioning my ability to afford my belongings.

Again, well said. How is it your business or my neighbors what I want to do. I don't dig into my neighbors business. That also wasn't the thread I was replying to. If you read, I was replying to Poverty Hill Farms.

You're coming off as the type who has to buy and own things to be above your neighbors in order to maintain a status. Every single person who has responded to this subject has a different take according to his/her situation. Something you might be sensitive of. My way is not yours, and yours is not mine.

Don't think so Jack, I bought what I wanted and could afford to make payments on. I drive between 4-500 miles every week averaged out throughout the year. Lots of them long stretches I don't want to be broken down on. From our farm it is 40-60 miles to anything, whether it be parts or groceries. What my neighbor drives is his business.  I have a use for what I bought on and off the farm.

That statement you made, makes me think that you're being judgemental of me and what I do just like "Poverty" was of others. This thread was started as a question about whether to purchase a new or used pickup, and the original poster wasn't questioning whether or not he could afford to buy new. Obviously he can.....why is it anyone else's position here to judge whether or not he or anyone else can afford it??? BTW, Rich and others who made statements like "you can't take it with you are right." Took my old man a couple of real scares to realize it, but if you work and save all your life, odds are you'll end up dieing with your work boots on and all people will be able to say about you is "well he worked hard". I have a couple neighbors like that, but again, that's their business. Live a little, whether that means borrowing or otherwise, and at least you will be able to have enjoyed life.

Edited by Chad H 2/6/2007 14:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)