AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to update pick-up. New or Used?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 2/6/2007 17:40 (#100340 - in reply to #100238)
Subject: RE: Time to update pick-up. New or Used?

Excellent post, Jon. The first, last, OK the only new pickup to date on this place has been a 1971 Chevy K20. The pickup is pretty much retired to hauling feed in the winter. It's well suited to the job with a 8' combo box. I now put 1000-1500 miles a year on it. Now at 36 yrs old the pickup has 213K miles on it. I'm sure it was depreciated out a long time ago. Might actually be gaining value again because the '67-'72 Chevys are becoming popular classics to restore. Mechanically, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this pickup anywhere. Creature comforts, rough ride, and 10 mpg max discourage me from doing that. It's a work outfit and was never designed to be a highway cruiser. But I could drive it cross country if I wanted to. I just got done putting a new $200 aftermarket radiator on it. Probably could've got the old rad fixed or put on a questionable used one. As far as I know the original radiator has never been touched. I'll have to see how long the new Made in Mexico rad lasts LOL! BTW, I just read an article on a '72 Chevy C10 in the "Green Sheet". The original owner really took care of it to the point of putting a piece of tape on the dash under the ignition switch to keep the dangling keys from rubbing the paint off. I have to admit my dash is shiny in that spot!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)