AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drying out a cell phone.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ONTCAN
Posted 1/20/2010 22:03 (#1033112 - in reply to #1032940)
Subject: Re: Drying out a cell phone.

6 years ago phone fell out of breast pocket of bib overalls while I was clearing cobs and stalks from corn head [ Knives were crying out for adjustment] .Didn't realize till I got home at night, dialed # and it rang . good ;still alive out there some where in field . Rained in the night. Wife and daughter went looking in A.M. Tried dialing ; Battery dead. I' m in another field now but had told of area where it might be. All they can do is walk row's with hope's up and heads down. After a half hour daughter says to her mother " this is crazy ,we'll never find it. She look's down and there it is. The tire had gone over it but between the treads. [still in one piece ] Took apart a s many parts as possible and put in rice for 5days Looked in newspaper for phone specials. Charged after 5days and worked til next summer .Why next summer you ask. Was loading big square bales in rough field one afternoon, phone fell off side console and underneath seat suspension .Didn't miss the thing for a d ay or two but when i finally found it needed a vacuum cleaner to gather it up .Interested in reading other mobile phone mishaps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)