AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some GS2 thoughts from an outsider........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Brian Vulgamore
Posted 4/23/2006 20:41 (#7341 - in reply to #7236)
Subject: Re: Some GS2 thoughts from an outsider........

Scott City, KS
Hi Don. You make some good points. The beauty of the GS system for us is the ease that I can move components from tractors, sprayers, cutters, combines, etc. Also, the ability to have one box in the cab for autosteer, controllers, system monitoring, field record keeping, etc. is very appealing...especially when I can move it around to each piece of equipment. Although JD was already making this happen with the GS1, the new features promised in the GS2 (like split-planter, color application map, etc.) was enough to make me jump on the GS2 bandwagon. I don't regret purchasing the GS2 when we did (b/c of the discounts we received); but I'm glad we didn't buy more than one!

Here is the frustrating part to me. Although JD is getting close to having the best interchangeable hardware in the cab, they have shown everyone they don't have a clue about crop record keeping. From JD's standpoint, they must think there aren't enough farmers out there demanding a comprehensive crop record keeping program...and in JD's defense, they are probably right. But why couldn't JD bring in Mapshots or Farmworks and get some consultation when developing the GS2? Rather, JD decided to spend over a year developing their own software program in APEX, that has less crop record keeping ability than its predecessor, JD Office (which in my opinion is also a joke). They have clearly started from scratch with APEX. I don't know who is consulting JD, but "they don't have a clue that they don't have a clue!" (a quote from one of my college professors about many farmers)

Now, JD has managed to make their loyal customers mad b/c the GS2 isn't living up to the advertisements. If they would have brought in some experts on crop record keeping a year ago (Mapshots and Farmworks) much of the current mess could have been avoided. There are a lot of GOOD people wasting a lot of time on JD's mess!!!

Brian Vulgamore
Scott City, KS

Edited by Brian Vulgamore 4/23/2006 21:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)