AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some GS2 thoughts from an outsider........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 4/23/2006 19:43 (#7324 - in reply to #7312)
Subject: RE: Some GS2 thoughts from an outsider........

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
We will continue to use Deere's Starfire/Itc,old style yield monitoring hardware/software and JDO. As you say, sometimes old is good. We have autotrack keycard but haven't tried it. Autotrack should also work very well, it's old stuff, but we decided to try Trimble EZSteer. That's fairly old too. I am very impressed with Trimble technical documentation support, if one can read slightly technical documents it's all there, and it's free. Haven't got much seat time using EZ but I'm almost certain that EZ would be as accurate as autotrac if they were both using same quality GPS receiver. We probably will be dropping or Deere PrecisionAg service agreement for awhile, service we have gotten recently doesn't seem to be worth what we pay for it.

I'm still a green guy, just think we need to give Deere a year or so to straighten out the unfortunate mess that has happened. I'm confident that they will and someday Deere Precision Ag will be in the same league as that wonderful JD4430 tractor that EZ is now driving for us
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)