AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

custom applicator killed corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 12/18/2009 12:12 (#973127 - in reply to #972752)
Subject: Re: custom applicator killed corn

Nevada, Iowa
There seems to be some concern for screwing the applicator or the insurance companies in some of the posts here. I am not sure that I am getting where that is coming from?? I guess if I had that crop contracted, I would want that price. If it were higher or lower than the current price, I would want that price. I don't see anything immoral about wanting to fill that contract or the monetary equivalent thereof.

Maybe I need to rethink the way I write contracts in the future and have them printed with a notation of where I expect the grain will come from when I fill them.

The APH equation is another angle that needs to be addressed. In Boog's situation above, he should not have been made to suffer that loss due to circumstances beyond his control. I don't think it is attempting to screw someone by expecting your APH to follow a real trend and not one altered by some insurance company who won't accept full responsibility for their insured, but who knows what reaction that one will receive.

Edit: In response to Fonzie's original question, an argument for settlement might be for the dollar figure that was placed on federal crop revenue policies last March. I think that was just short of 4.00?

Edited by Dave Cen.Ia 12/18/2009 12:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)