AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time farmer first time lost!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 10/28/2009 11:39 (#903366 - in reply to #903332)
Subject: Re: yah well,,,,,, Don't listen to your Dad in that case !!

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Don't listen to the "can't make money farming" KRAP TALK. It's almost universally stated by those who aren't smart enough to figure out how to make money that didn't involved getting a paycheck every 2 weeks working for someone else.

I've seen my share of people who couldn't make a damn dime if you gave them a dollar! 

I've also seen my share of guys start out standing in debt up to their ears,,,,,

and they're multi-millionairs now some 15-20 years later....

"Losers whine about their best,, Winners go home and _ _ _ _  the Prom Queen.." 

Line from "THE ROCK" as spoke by Sean Connery.

Get a plan, write it down!  formulate exactly how the goal will be accomplished, Have a backup plan,(write it down too!)  Stick to the plan but allow flexability.

A couple of times a year review that plan-read it over- check to see you are doing the things to accomplish the goal.  

Set interium short term goals, in the long range plan. 

You've already shown you're intelligent,, you got crop insurance to cover the exposure. 

Negativity is an attitude and business killer.....

I'm doing improvements to the farm that should have been done 30-40 years ago, and thou they don't seem like much.... it's make huge improvements both in efficiency and net profit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)