AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time farmer first time lost!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 10/28/2009 09:55 (#903267 - in reply to #902923)
Subject: RE: First time farmer first time lost!!

Callao Missouri
Your not alone, I am in my second year of starting out and I am having another very poor year of soybean yield's and mud to fight to get them out. I agree with numbers that make since on paper I have spread sheets on every farm and I have spread sheets on every price of machinery I own detailing purchase price and every $ of parts I put in them as I tend to buy stuff off the salvage trailers and rebuild them to use. I would be more than happy to send you copies or templates of my sheets via email so you can look at them and how the numbers go together into a package. The last thing I can say is keep expenses low, I don't have any hobby's to blow $ on but I do have a wonderful girl friend and that takes some cash but she is very much worth it. I also do farm machinery repairs for farmers in the area and that will go a long ways at putting $ in your pocket if you work at it and are good with machinery. Also if you do own machinery don't be afraid to go out there and drum up custom work, One other thing to think about is the land you farm, two years ago I thought I was blessed to rent a farm good farm now two years of very poor crop off that farm I am re evaluating that decision. I am going to be a little wiser in my land acquisitions from now on. Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)