AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Check your bins...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MarlandS
Posted 10/27/2009 21:36 (#902576 - in reply to #902411)
Subject: RE: came in here to post the same title

Ellsworth IL
I had my second vac call in 4 days to clean out new corn that was going out of condition. Both bins were harvested at 32 + moisture and both had been in the bin less about a week.
The first was a Sukup type drying bin that had all the fines congregate around the center, the rest of the 5,000 bu was in great shape except for this 4ft diameter wad . He had had other issues with the bin like losing the burners on the bin after a couple of days cooking but I seriously doubt it would have mattered, the fines/red dog wad would have still caused problems.
The second was a crib that had dried and cooled corn in it. The main culprit seemed to be incomplete drying with thick fines and red dog . The hearts on the corn just didn't dry out and then the moisture migrated out , this one had to be chipped out.
Just cheap insurance guys, go ahead and core your bins now because the way you've done it forever might not work this time. That is unless you're one of my vac customers , then wait a couple more weeks ;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)