AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alzheimers -- Aricept
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

shade
Posted 10/26/2009 23:21 (#901493 - in reply to #893368)
Subject: Thanks-everyone

NC Kansas
I would like to say thanks to everyone that has posted. My brother and I are going through many of the things that have been mentioned with our dad. He had a bought with Dementia/Ahlz back in March and spent about 2 weeks in a Psych/Geriatric Unit and 6 weeks in a nursing home. He was able to return home back in July and has been doing fair to good. We arranged for a local grocerystore/cafe to deliver a noon meal each day but Sun. and holidays. Got the County Home Health Dept to come in a couple of short days a week and help with some things and set up his meds each week. Driving is limited to just in town (less than 200 people).

My brother lives 2 hours from him and I live an hour away. We do manage to get him to his Dr. appointments and such. We know it is a matter of time before he needs to be back in a nursing facility, but for right now, he is OK. He dealt with quite a few hallucinations in the first few weeks and the medications got that under control. Meds he was on included; Aricept, Namenda, and Haldipurol (sp). The Dr. has gotten him weaned off the haldipurol and he is a lot more level headed withOUT it. He was a little combative in the Psych/Geriatric unit and that is when they started it.

Once again, thanks for all the good info. We apprecaite it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)