AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alzheimers -- Aricept
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KristinaM1119
Posted 10/21/2009 15:10 (#893368)
Subject: Alzheimers -- Aricept

I just got off the phone with my mother...and we just dont know what to do anymore. Her dad, my grandpa, has Alzheimers. He is a bear to deal with, and my grandma cant handle him, but refuses to call anyone for help when he gets in a "mood" Such as, we just found out, that the other day he got mad about who knows what, yells, screams and makes threats (this is normal) BUT the upseting part is that when my grandma tried to go outside to sort of get away from it, he pushed her to the ground and held her there for a while. All the time he says he wants to kill himself, he wishes he never married grandma, and then 5 minutes later he says he loves her and is the happiest person alive. Its a rollercoaster, that we cant ride for much longer. He has been on Aricept for about 5 or 6 weeks now, and we have not seen any changes. This medication seems to slow the progression of the disease, advertised to allow the patient more time to perform normal activities such as eating and dressing. That is great, we want that, but we also need something to calm him and get him out of these rage and depressed moods. Any advice??????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)