AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another generic GPS to Greenstar Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gsman
Posted 1/7/2007 21:15 (#84418 - in reply to #84394)
Subject: RE: Welcome gsman

SE North Dakota
Thanks, I find alot of good useful info on this site as I have only been farming on my own for 5 years and have alot to learn.
The silver wedgebox is basically the brown mobile processor in different form. When the wedgebox or mobile processor is unplugged, the moisture sensor is the brain for the yield monitoring system. The greenstar should get a speed signal from the combine network. These connections are above the headliner front portion right above the greenstar display. Just remove the front part of the headliner, might have to remove the sunvisor if equipped. The connectors are red-orange in color and kind of funny looking. The greenstar harness just T's into the combine harness and pulls off a speed reading. If your header width is right in setup, there is a valid speed reading, and the recording is coming on, then productivity should show. There may be a wiring problem somewhere (have fun), an erratic speed reading would cause an erratic yield reading also. Does the speed show right on the tachometer? If if does and the speed does not show up correctly on the greenstar, it may be a wiring problem with the greenstar harness. This sounds like one of those problems that is probably something easy and obvious after checking every wire and pulling all your hair out, been there too many times!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)