AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where's the Benefit of Fungicides on Wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

CND
Posted 9/3/2009 20:29 (#834397 - in reply to #833678)
Subject: Re: Where's the Benefit of Fungicides on Wheat?

Anamoose, ND
Hey Digger-Yeah we were down at Falkirk a few weeks ago, you should have come over and introduced yourself. Yeah we have Glenn and Faller in this year. I had a sample of the first Glenn we cut checked, even at 15.8% moisture it still weighed 65.6 lbs/bu. The Faller has had test weights in the 62 lb range. The proteins for both varieties have been from 13.0 to 14.5, the Faller has had the lower protein. Yield have been very good. We didn't use any N-Demand this year but we were thinking about trying some next year. We sure are happy with the new drill!

I found what I needed today to finally prove that the fungicides help. I finished out the sprayer on a field close to our farm, I made three passes down the field. Today when I drove up our drive way I could see a distinct line between the treated crop and untreated. My dad and I took a drive down to the field to check it out. You could tell the treated grain was taller and thicker. Even my dad was a believer after we walked out into the field. I will have to take some pics before we cut the wheat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)