AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where's the Benefit of Fungicides on Wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Digger
Posted 9/3/2009 09:39 (#833942 - in reply to #833916)
Subject: Re: Where's the Benefit of Fungicides on Wheat?

North Dakota
Hey CND, This year in the winter wheat we seen some pretty good response from Presaro. I and some neighbors figured 15 bushels was common. But I think we had a little more disease pressure earlier in the season. I did some spring wheat with Folicur but never left any check strips. With the price of the generics it doesnt take much to get your money back and is good insurance I think.

What kind of wheat do you have in the pics? So far I have cut some Kuntz and Kelby. Pretty dissapointed with the protein on the Kuntz but is yielding well. The Kelby has been holding around 14.0 with good yeilds as well. I dont know if you used any N-Demand but I treated a 1/2 section with 1 gal. at the 5th leaf and 1 gal. with my folicur at flowering. This was Kuntz and I ended up in the 11s for protein, so not real impressed with the results. For the money (17.00) I would have been better off streaming some 28 on early.

I have heard of a couple loads of Glenn with over 66 lb. test weights. I still have some Glenn and Faller to cut. So we will see how they do. By the way I think I was behind you guys in line at Falkirk a few weeks ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)