AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 2/15/2024 11:13 (#10624436 - in reply to #10622473)
Subject: RE: How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?

Ludington/Manistee MI area
Wow!!

Both our kids are adopted so slightly different scenario but still. Son was born on a Friday morning and I was back to work Monday. We had a big maintenance shutdown at work and it was all hands on deck. He spent 13 days in SCU 2.5 hours from home. I worked my 3-12’s the next week and came back down to be there following work week came home for my night shift at work. If I remember right he got discharged before me starting days again. Daughter was born midweek and was back to work on a Friday. She was discharged 30-32 hours after birth. I never took time off for either immediately following their birth. Matter of fact wife needed to run to town to grab diapers and formula Masyn was round baling with me slightly over 24 hours after coming home. Other than dropping them off at my mother in law’s when we needed a sitter and the sitter in law making a casserole to reheat we had no outside help. Between the births of the kids my off farm employer adding in bonding leave so I got 6 weeks to bond with the daughter but since she’s adopted that complicated it with corporate. Payroll gal for our plant finally decided I should be off with my daughter and shoved the paperwork threw after she was 2 months old. I used 3 weeks before school started and 3 weeks a few months later. Wife has a seasonal job so me taking the three weeks off in August made it so the mother in law and I could pretty much cover daycare.

Edited by Tomcat 2/15/2024 11:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)