AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? For resident bankers re working capital
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Northforkfarm
Posted 2/3/2024 14:52 (#10606949 - in reply to #10602248)
Subject: RE: ? For resident bankers re working capital

Springfield, OH
Purdue12 - 1/31/2024 13:09

working capital is a balance sheet item, cashflow is another.
If you are just asking about working capital on the BS at year end 2:1 is good. We are seeing working capital decrease, mainly due to lower prices, not the first time for this. For your question, I would use money to pay the bills first and your line after that. Now just my opinion take it for what it is, I think we are going to see lower prices for a period of time, with that said, I think we should be very careful of what we are spending our money on. Be very careful of family living costs, maybe run some equipment longer, most farmers know the gig. The market can turn up just as fast as it has gone down. Another thing I advise is, if you do have excess to put money into a savings plan for the future, sounds easy but few do it. I looked at it as an
expense and made it part of the operation when I was in my mid 20's my banker advised that, shortly after that he hired me 1983. I hope the best for your operation.

I get a kick out of the family living expense line. Like adjusting the 50k it takes me to live on will make up for the damage in working capital a $1 move in the corn market can do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)