AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Ag Leader Turnpath?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/26/2023 08:28 (#10497339 - in reply to #10496901)
Subject: Steady Steer and Truesight 2

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After doing the Transport unlock from the UT screen, I normally "hide" that screen to return to the full screen on the InCommand. Sometimes I was unsure if the feeler system was engaged or not since the UT screen was not visible. One day it dawned on me that all I had to do was glance at the LED on the Steady Steer motor. If it was lit, then the feeler system was active.

I have mine set so that I engage/disengage with a momentary switch rather than using the engage/disengage based on the header height or UT screen. Grabbing the wheel and turning it will disengage also but I find that using the switch works well for me. I have this switch plugged into the Steady Steer system for soybean harvest but connect it to the feeler system for corn harvest. See Picture below.

I was concerned about possible mouse damage to the feeler wiring harness with all its branches during the off season. I know getting rid of the mice is the best plan and I am working with that. I have not been completely successful in past years. Anyway, I saw some plastic Ammo Box knockoffs at Harbor Freight and purchased a couple. I removed the Truesight 2 steering module, Steady Steer motor and the easily disconnected cables. I cut a small notch in the Ammo box cover and was able to stuff the loose ends of the remaining wiring harnesses inside. Hopefully that will protect them from mouse damage.

Edited by tedbear 11/26/2023 08:37

(Steady Steer Hand Swich (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Steady Steer Hand Swich (full).JPG (115KB - 57 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)