AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Ag Leader Turnpath?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2023 07:48 (#10490513 - in reply to #10490379)
Subject: RE: New Ag Leader Turnpath?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
cf1967 - 11/21/2023 06:43

I plant with RTK as well but have never been satisfied with how the combine drives in corn. Just not centered on the row near as much as I would like. After nudging back and forth a few times I usually just shut it off and drive manually. I really wish there was someone who could make some kind of adapter to make the Deere corn head fingers work with the AL steering. Guess I will just need to suck it up and put a Headsight system on.

I asked my "in the know" friends if Ag Leader was working on a feeler system to be the input for their Steer Command Z2 or Steady Steer for corn. The reply was "not to their knowledge" but that work was being done with using cameras with various tasks.

I then decided to go with the Headsight 2 system in my 9770 which already had a Steady Steer system in it. The Headsight 2 system did allow me to reuse the Steady Steer motor but is a separate system. It does work very well. The Headsight can be setup using its own display or an ISO screen on the Ag Leader.

The ISO screen is used for initial setup but in general is not needed during normal harvest. The system goes into Transport lock (won't engage) for safety such as high ground speed and other conditions. This means if I drive to a field at road speed and wish to start harvesting using the feelers, I must go to the ISO screen to get the system out of Transport Lock. Once unlocked, I usually hide the ISO screen to get the full screen on my InCommand 1200. I then engage/disengage using a momentary pushbutton.

Engage/disengage can be done other ways as well but I find that I prefer using the button. Grabbing the steering wheel and turning it will always disengage the system but I prefer to just click the button as I reach the end of a pass right before I raise the head.

Edited by tedbear 11/21/2023 07:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)