AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9870 STS critique
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deerefever
Posted 7/28/2009 13:57 (#791380 - in reply to #791042)
Subject: Re: 9870 STS critique

Well couple things come to mind, yes its true that red machines have the leveling shoe, not bad if I do say so myself, since my second brand would be red!!but here is a long outstanding issue, have you made a long down hill pass??with the selfleveling shoe????no augers mean grain moves forward with gravity, deere's augers convey grain regardless, also deere has selfleveling shoe elements available, so too me thats the best of both worlds.As far as the capacity thing well we can work something out [9700]. We had several 9600"s running 16/22, 12/30" and even a few 8820 running 1293"s they were all above 4 mph. See I do respect gleaner machines since they entered the 12row market earlier than red did, deere entered that market in 1981 to be exact, so don't really believe that all the oars are in water on the 9750sts and 16/22 cornhead topic. As far as the flexdraper that deere will intro. soon ????well I believe that the 635f has had too many growing pains to be a long term solution, flexdrapers are the future, the fd70 macdon is by far the best I.m.o. right now for over 35' headers, Plus the 35' 635f isn't enough header for the 9770sts let alone the 9860,9870sts, thats unless 9700 wants to put a m-2 gleaner up front and show us all, kidding!!!! but with all good things too many farmers have forgotten what fixing draper belts is like, so we shall see.Big things are near for deere, things that will more than answer your questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)