AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trip to Europe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

puff33m
Posted 11/27/2022 18:02 (#9952901 - in reply to #9952587)
Subject: RE: Trip to Europe

N FLA
We were in Ireland last week. Hotels were a little on the high side, but my wife likes to stay at nice hotels. Not any different than locally, Motel 6 is cheaper than the Hilton, but the 6 has dirty bathrooms and dingy carpet. They also have dirty hotels if that's where you want to save money.

We stayed at Blarney Woolen Mills Hotel. It's in County Cork, right beside Blarney Castle. I highly recommend it. And I would probably get reservations made now if you want to go in peak season. These places are very crowded in the summer. Most places include an Irish Breakfast. For the 3 of us, that was probably $60 worth of food each day and is a consideration, if you eat so much free breakfast you don't even want lunch. I found Ireland to be very affordable. Maybe slightly less than USA prices overall in my opinion. (Gas was higher of course).

We spend 2 days in Dublin and it was one day too many. That was our opinion. If you're a farmer on agtalk from rural Illinois I bet you will feel the same way. Expenses also add up fast in Dublin. Taxis, restaurant, hotel, food. It is a major city of a million people or more.

We flew Iceland Air. They say there are no additional fees to include a stopover in Iceland. (The planes layover there anyway). If you used Iceland air, I think you could schedule your flights and spend the 3 days in Iceland and do the Golden Circle. I do think Iceland is on the expensive side. I think Netherlands would also be expensive.

I think a lot of Europe feels similar, like you won't think there's much difference in England and Ireland. I also would think the itinerary you already have in place is a lot for 8 days. You also have 2 days of travel, and the second day is pretty much shot from jetlag. You will need to get through the day, in order to adjust to the time zone, but you won't accomplish much until day 3 let's call it. (Day 1 is flying, day 2 is being dead tired, day 3 you can get out). And your final day will be a flying day. So your 14 days is probably 11 active days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)