AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row Crop Cultivator Education
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/7/2022 22:14 (#9738957 - in reply to #9736234)
Subject: RE: Row Crop Cultivator Education

Nw Iowa
I have just about all of them and I will stick to original post. I have had danish, c shank, hd vibra tines and the single shank spring trips, JD Rms, 856’s, I think a 825, CIH 133’s, 183’s, 1830’s, Hinniker single sweep and B&H single sweep with and without the cut aways. I have used 8 rows, 12 rows, 16 rows and now have a 24 row. B&H by far best single sweep on the market but doesn’t clean up a weedy field as well without cut aways and cutaways are very fussy to set right. What I do like about the single sweeps is that they work well for sidedressing fertilizer, even nh3 but we don’t do it with cultivator any more but also will penetrate a hard field and definitely higher speed. We still have a B&H and a couple of 856’s that we use for organic on a small portion of our acres. Brother does most of organic and he prefers the 856 and now has finger welders on larger one as well which really has made a difference. I think soils and conditions make a big difference and what size crop you are trying to cultivate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)