AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row Crop Cultivator Education
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 7/6/2022 13:15 (#9736671 - in reply to #9735947)
Subject: RE: Row Crop Cultivator Education

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
We had a 16 row Hiniker 6000 cultivator when quit doing lots of acres. Single sweep and worked well. Banded chemicals with planter then banded post pass chems with mounted boom. Cultivator took care of the rest. The 6000 series is significantly heavier then a hiniker 1000. Both gray and similar ages. A hiniker 5000 is steel press wheels, and black. The 5000 is older version and there are nice updates on the 6000 if can find one. we replaced an RM deere and a 856? Deere, 3 shanks, with the hiniker and were happy. Also sidedressed NH3 on every row while cultivating, pulled with a 8650 4wd for 6 years then replaced with 8520 mfwd. The 8520 was much nicer to run and really thought was doing stuff! They are heavy, had to move the 3 pt lifting points out with a homemade bracket on the 8650 to get 3 pt to lift it.

Edit to add: i picked up a 20? year old krause 4700 single sweep 4 row this year on auctiontime to get scouring rush along ditches. Worked and was 550 bucks. not prettiest but seems to be heavy built. I believe Sukups row crop cultivators got bought out by Remlinger and are still produced. Sometimes sell cheaper because brand doesn't exist anymore.

I may know a neighbor with a 16 row 1000 hiniker available. Last I knew he still had it. They ran it on a hot 2590 case with straight pipe. Could hear it bark for a few miles.

Edited by Green Acres Guy 7/6/2022 14:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)