AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The MN social media farm stars are showing off planters- where are these PP acres?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Lotts_Valley
Posted 5/21/2022 12:22 (#9669313 - in reply to #9669255)
Subject: RE: The MN social media farm stars are showing off planters- where are these PP acres?

I was not judging those social media stars.... I like prosperity too!!! By "showing off" i meant that exactly...I guess I dont know what else you call it? Thats the part that makes them famous! A youtuber of the "idealistic" 4440 pulling an 8 row planter guy working in town to boostrap himself into farming wouldnt get the following that MF panning through his line of equipment and catching the new corvette in the shop for a second and saying "o wait not a crop checker there hehe" is what gets fans. And To their credit- and its is likely because of their Minnesotan /Scandinavian nature (guessing from last names) - they do try to appear humble and add a tale of woe to each of their brags.. the internet world calls those common behaviors humble brags.. again.. hats off to them. I wish i would have thought of the idea first.. My post was about planting progress. So to clear it up-

WHY ARE THEY PLANTING AND PEOPLE ON AGTALK ARENT?

People on here claim nothing is happening in that part of the world.

And to defend myself-
We all make decisions based on all information available to us. I was familiar enough to know that the social media farm stars farm in the area that purportedly has planting issues. (I am surprised on location because Ive never known of Minnesotans to carry on with such ostentatious behavior) I want to make marketing decisions based on information available to me. Planting issues factor in to my decision on how I market my grain. (oh and by planting issues i dont mean a photo collage of your up/down/pressure wire harness having voltage issues). When people on here use terms like "nail in the coffin" after a rain and "nobody has turned a wheel" I try to ground truth it by checking other sources of info. When I see the quadtracs and planters and seed tenders in the field on social media stars pages it gives conflicting information. Thats why I came back here to ask.

edit to add- and why does the picture of the mudded up planter look like it was BACKED into the mud? photo op?

Edited by Lotts_Valley 5/21/2022 12:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)