AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutch module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/14/2022 06:18 (#9659770 - in reply to #9659586)
Subject: RE: Great

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have seen the word rear and don't know what it means. I suspect it is trying to be helpful in case the test doesn't pass.

I would have thought rear would have pertained to a split planter also but they wouldn't make sense because with a front and rear section, a front/rear pair goes together. So in that sense there really is no front or rear.

Example. If you had a 16/31 planter and were using just the rear sections for corn you might have 8-2 row sections just like a plain 16 row. This means the frame harness would have 16 branches but the branch for rear rows 1 & 2 are just split and both cycle ON/OFF together. If front pusher units were also used each of those branches gets a splitter to feed the front rows that are in between those back rows. When the system does its "test", it would get a return hopefully from all four clutches for that section and then that section would pass. The system would then check on the next section etc. Note that the test is not foolproof in this example. Hopefully all four clutches are present and operable in the each section. However, if just one of the clutches is present in a group, it will return the 12V used for the test and not detect a problem.

Edited by tedbear 5/15/2022 06:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)