AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader clutch module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/13/2022 09:16 (#9658840 - in reply to #9657876)
Subject: Great

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Glad that you got the problem solved.

If the system finds an exact match between the number of sections in the configuration and the number of sections returning 12V from the proper places, life is good and no error message is shown.

If there is a mismatch of some type then an error message is shown. No point in trying to plant with section control as it won't work correctly anyway.

Now just because this test passes doesn't mean that everything will work properly. A simple example would be if the section wires didn't go to the correct clutches or air valves in your case. One guy said "No worries just look at the map". This would work if you look at an actual population map. If you look at a section indication screen, that may look correct when it may be wired incorrectly. The real answer is to dig for seed.

I have had no problems with the clutch test on my personal planters and didn't give much thought to the information given. I didn't realize that your message is telling us that the system found a clutch or air valve on Sections 1-2 but got no further. The system was telling us that there is a problem or problems beyond Sections 1 & 2. So check on Section 3 and fix it and then try again. This time the test would pass or point out a problem with another Section further down the line. You would eventually get the problems handled and the test would pass.

In retrospect it now makes perfect sense that the problem was with the wire in the first air valve box where Sections 1-4 live. These error messages can be very helpful in fixing problems but we don't always understand what they are trying to tell us. Many times it becomes very clear once we find the problem and hopefully we learn from this for the future.

Edited by tedbear 5/13/2022 09:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)