AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ugh. i need spreader help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 1/15/2022 17:13 (#9442009 - in reply to #9441852)
Subject: RE: ugh. i need spreader help

NW Illinois Stephenson county
When cleaning cattle sheds, I would usually have some soupier manure to put in the bottom. In the pen packed manure I would rarely get a full bucket and dump them on each side of the top auger. And then top off the load with whatever. You adjust the thickness of coverage by whatever speed (or gear) you drive. Once in a great while a wad would take a little longer to work it's way out (just slow down ground speed). But I did not have to watch to see if the apron kept going around with my fingers crossed. Nor did I have much if any wads except what might fall off the side (very even spread). A clip feel off a connecting link twice. A drive chain fell off once when an idler bolt lost it's nut. And one time I could not open the back door. Turns out the door plate was rusted and it expanded in the door slot. When I got it open I beat it with a sledge hammer and the rust flakes fell off, and then I oiled it with used engine oil ( I oiled it before but the rust over came the oil). I would not buy that spreader from the jockey in it's present condition or even fixed. It sounds like it had a tough life. For me the spreader worked out great! If you haul a lot of pen packed manure, I'm sure a vertical beater spreader would be great, but at a lot more cost
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)