AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ugh. i need spreader help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim Dandy
Posted 1/15/2022 14:07 (#9441676 - in reply to #9438020)
Subject: RE: ugh. i need spreader help

NW Illinois Stephenson county
I ran New Holland spreaders for decades. If I did not run the apron chains really tight the chain would jump a tooth. Sometimes it would happen almost a lot especially with pintle chain when the adjustment was as tight as possible, but the chain was still loose when I was waiting for a warmer day in the Winter to shorten it. To buy time I would loosen the side that was behind with the slat almost at the end of the box and use a crow bar to pry it up over the tooth to get it straight again. I would just shake my head in wonder when seeing spreaders with the apron chain almost dragging on the ground. On the NH 190 spreader it had the guide to get the chain up into the side channel had a rounded angle down and would catch very easily if the apron was at all loose. After many years of use the apron drive teeth developed into hooks and would try to take the apron around the sprocket. After many many broken or caught apron chains sometimes dripping mostly liquid manure on me or freezing my hands I finally purchased a used Meyers V-Max spreader to use the last few years I milked and happily said good-bye to apron chains! I had replaced 6+ apron chains over the years hauling one load every day and 50-60+ loads besides.

(Misc plus Jill's pictures 9-14-2017 035 (full).JPG)

(Misc plus Jill's pictures 9-14-2017 036 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Misc plus Jill's pictures 9-14-2017 035 (full).JPG (170KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments Misc plus Jill's pictures 9-14-2017 036 (full).JPG (167KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)