AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to look for on used Case STX 375
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 6/1/2009 13:41 (#729283 - in reply to #728937)
Subject: RE: What to look for on used Case STX 375

Panhandle of Texas

Devin,

Since you're new to 4wd, I want to say it once more: be SURE and look at all the pivot points !!

A neighbor of mine thought he was stealing a modern (can't remember yr model ) CIH 4wd tractor, and when he got it home, the pivot points were SHOT !! I can't remember for certain, but I want to think that the whole repair set him back about $6,500.  My JD 4wd's pivots are still in great shape, but I have seen much newer tractors where the pivot points are friggin' worn OUT at 2,500 hrs.

I think you would like the power shift, but no one knows your op. better than you.  Since the low-houred tractor you've found doesn't have power shift, you may wanna go on with the one you've found.....Good, low-houred tractors are getting harder and harder to find !! I recently found a JD 8410 mfwd w/2850 hrs., and felt blessed to find it !! Most of 'em had 6-8k hrs.

In all seriousness, if you don't know what to look for with the pivot points, take along somebody that does.  You really need someone to steer the tractor back & forth while you look at them, anyway.

Edit*: Just for information's sake, are you trading in your JD 8400?  How many hours does it have on it, now?  Had any trouble out of it?  Can't help but wonder, now that I've got an 8410.....

Edited by TxFarmer 6/1/2009 13:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)