AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever have a repair that is like a Russian nesting doll?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 11/25/2021 09:24 (#9340284 - in reply to #9339792)
Subject: RE: Ever have a repair that is like a Russian nesting doll?

East of Broken Bow
You just described every home improvement project I ever did.

One time had hail crack the storm window. Made the mistake of telling the wife it was broken (should have just got a new pane and not said a word). Anyway, it turned into 'a good time to upgrade that window' according to my lovely bride.
Then, if we were going to replace one window, and likely crack plaster, just as well do all the windows along that wall, which led to new drywall all around, new paint, and new flooring (can't have old flooring in a room with new drywall and paint apparently). Well, that wall is in both the kitchen and the bathroom, and I was told if we're putting new flooring in the bathroom (we are??? wasn't in MY plan LOL) we also need a new sink, vanity, and tub surround/shower. Oh, and don't forget the medicine cabinet and even a new toilet (how in the WORLD does a cracked window require a new toilet???)).
Anyway, Had I just not said a word, and snuck to town for a new pane of glass in the storm window I could have saved myself 2+ weeks of work, and several thousand dollars.

Oh, and I gotta ask, if anyone knows. Why is it important that the new toilet looks the most like the one we took out? Apparently my wife wanted a new toilet, but didn't want it to look like we got a new toilet? I assume its kind of along the lines of spending extra time putting on your makeup so it doesn't look like you are wearing any makeup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)