AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wounded jd 7510 6068 failure analysis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 10/16/2021 22:37 (#9272907 - in reply to #9272819)
Subject: RE: Wounded jd 7510 6068 failure analysis

SE MT
Big Square - 10/16/2021 21:51

We have same tractor, motor, pistons. We have overhauled it twice, second time we changed injectors on some advice and also getting 1,000 hour engine warranty along with it. It’s a piss poor piston design, steel and aluminum laminated piston. We tried to source different pistons designed differently but couldn’t make it work. We have pistons on wall that look the same. You should have heard it happen or different sound to the engine. I can back you up no either used. Ours steered better after second overhaul compared to original or post first overhaul. I’d have to ask but I think we used Don’s diesel kit the second time, because they were trying to help us source better pistons. And John Deere kit didn’t help us any first overhaul. Oh, first overhaul only lasted 2-3 years / 1000-1500 hours.

Wow, so I'm assuming you have went through the injector pump too?

Yeah seeing stuff like this bothers me, as I have seen other similar ten series John Deere's for sale with 15000 hours on them and the engines never opened.

Last Winter we had 3 or 4 currences where we thought we had an injector hanging up Engine went to knocking and then straightened out after a few minutes . I figured I had a sticky injector. Not pistons going out the turbo....

It would be nice to be able to source the overhaul kit, If head bolts and new Turbo in one spot since going through John Deere is probably not going to be successful until they get their sourcing figured out...

I've used ether before, but never on these 10 series John Deere's. I save that for the 4630s and use only as needed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)