AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beef brisket on a pellet grill question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 9/15/2021 14:15 (#9221781 - in reply to #9221712)
Subject: RE: beef brisket on a pellet grill question...

n.c.iowa

We use our traeger grill to do our briskets.

marinade/season first, at least four hours, overnight works best for me, I believe you don’t want a complex multi flavor marinade/rub, just the basic flavors, brisket has a excellent beefy flavor that you don’t want to cover up with heavy smokes, or seasonings, I prefer hickory, or pecan pellets.
i like to warm the grill up to max temp, put the brisket in once the grill is at 375-400° for about 20 minutes, turn it down to smoke for a couple hours, then back up to about 225° until it hits about 175-180° meat temp, then make a boat (bottom is water tight, you’ll end up wrapping the whole thing) and add in a couple cups of beef broth or something similar, wrap it up, turn the temp up to 275-300° Cook until the meat hits 205-210°. Take it off and let rest for about 20 minutes, slice across grain.

I actually prefer to take it off at a lower temp, to me cooking it to 210 meat temp gives the meat a rendered tallow taste, that I dislike.
I prefer to take it off at 190-200° But sometimes it’ll be alittle tougher than taking it all the way to 210°.

Edited by johnny skeptical 9/16/2021 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)