AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tale of 2 cities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 9/15/2021 08:32 (#9221254 - in reply to #9220488)
Subject: The 'story' and why I related it

North of London
My 'story' was intended to show the difference in some areas/people to trying to slow down the Covid virus.

Rather than just name the town where our first stop found no masks I thought it would better describe it to say it was where religionists refused to follow rules on large gatherings when Ontario locked down a year ago since most would not recognize the significance of the towns name

Both auction sites were in rural areas not the towns but the second stop took us through the town near there and we chose to stop there for a few things we needed and to use a washroom and get a bite to eat as it was noon hour.

That is where we saw the only person without a mask, a lady who was obviously in a religion that it's god required her to wear a uniform. That was a quicker way of describing her than going into the type of dress she wore with her beanie cap on her head.

Even in Timmies where it was full of high school kids getting some lunch everyone wore a mask as was required by Ontario's rules at this time and by signs on the door.
only one person ignored the rules, the woman with the religion uniform.

We then proceeded to the other auction site again in a rural area and found everyone there wearing a mask.

The 2 sites were over an hours drive apart, the later one closer to home and in the same county and health district as we are where there are only 1 or 2 new cases of Covid a day so I looked up the other area and see they had 6 cases listed as new

Sorry my observations were so upsetting to so many.
i just thought it was interesting as the first town was in the news quite a bit last year with the group ignoring rules on gathering and causing many legal cases and blocking of their meeting hall to stop them congregating and their leader continues to rally against all rules to protect the health of everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)