AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inflation and livestock markets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JR B
Posted 8/2/2021 08:56 (#9142382)
Subject: Inflation and livestock markets

Linneus Mo.
I got a question. I'm a dairy farmer and everything I buy is significantly higher doesn't matter what category it's all up. I know over time Grains are used as a hedge against inflation to some extent. I can't really put a corollary number to it but it does seem that as the dollar weakens or the amount of dollars increases it finds its way into grains. I don't think the same can be said for direct food products from livestock.

Is this because there really isn't a good way to get coverage or to gain the inflation on the board? It just seems odd that one sector of ag can be so completely buoyed by inflation and another sector can be so completely dashed to pieces by it.

I do think with the advent of biofuels the correlation to inflation in the grains is much more pronounced.

How does animal ag benefit from inflation going forward or are we always gonna suck hind t*t?

My wife is complaining about the costs of food in the grocery store and then complaining that the milk check is smaller. SO she doesn't see it either.

Edited by JR B 8/2/2021 08:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)