AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/26/2021 07:26 (#9129950 - in reply to #9129874)
Subject: RE: If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?

Pittsburg, Kansas

I'm 6'2" and weigh 175ish. I think my BMI is around 22 if I recall correctly. I think I was the same height and 165 as a freshman in high school. I still have a little jelly roll around my belly but that is where I injected insulin for many years so the fat cells there are probably damaged and hard to get them to shrink properly.

We have got so accustomed to looking at fat, overweight people, normal weight people look anorexic. 

Look at work or family pictures from the 30's or 40's compared to pictures today.

When I changed diet and was 265-270 I would have been happy if I got down to 215-225. Once I quit eating the insulin spiking foods I just kept losing all the way down to almost 165 (I think the lowest I ever saw on the scale was 165.9) then quickly gained a few pounds back. I've been in the 170-180 range ever since with no additional adjustment to what I eat. I eat all I want till I am full, but just avoid certain insulin spiking foods. I actually eat a lot. I just don't eat much of the foods that pack on fat weight, namely carbohydrates (that spike insulin and convert to glucose which insulin tells the body to store it as fat) and vegetable oil (that supplies lots of energy but nothing in the way of nutrients and since insulin is high also is stored as fat).

The body is very good at regulating its own weight as long as it is not being inundated with foods that spike and keep insulin levels high. Insulin, among other functions, is a fat storage hormone. As long as insulin is high in the bloodstream, much of the energy from food will go into fat storage. The foods that raise insulin are carbohydrates. Fat hardly affects insulin (but if insulin is already high from carbohydrate consumption will also go to fat storage) and protein only to a modest degree (but protein takes so much energy to digest it has little influence in increase in body fat).

Edited by John Burns 7/26/2021 07:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)