AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rust lover
Posted 7/11/2021 17:07 (#9104827 - in reply to #9103828)
Subject: RE: If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?

se Neb

Ask your surgeon if he uses replacement knees from Conformis. The Conformis procedure goes like this: CT scan of knee, send results to Boston, run it through Conformis computer, 3-D print the replacement knee, What the surgeon receives is a set of plastic jigs, the first of which fits exactly on the bone ends. There are drill alignment holes to guide the bit. Pins are put in the holes to align the next jig, etc. The last jig has a slot for a oscillating saw. The bone ends are cut to shape, and the metal parts are glued on. It takes about 3 months lead time to make the joints.  I had 106* bend sitting on the edge of the hospital bed and 130* bend after 3 weeks of PT. I took 2 of the 50 pain pills that were prescribed, only because my wife thought I would need them before the PT sessions. BTW, I'm having the 2nd knee done in Sept.

I can't figure out how to post a YouTube video, so here's a link.  You'll have to copy and paste.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=knee+replacement+conformis&&view=detail&mid=7AA97ADD0F5C939C66CC7AA97ADD0F5C939C66CC&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dknee%2Breplacement%2Bconformis%26%26FORM%3DVDVVXX

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)