AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 7/12/2021 07:38 (#9105798 - in reply to #9103828)
Subject: RE: If I get a knee replacement august 12, will I be able to climb int a combine 5 weeks later?

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Been there, done that. 6 years ago we did the math backwards of timing last cortisone injection to get me thru harvest, did knee replacement Thanksgiving time, had entire winter to rehab and recover (even scheduled other knee for a scope job in Feb). Looking back that harvest season wasn't alot of fun, fair amount of pain, but had been putting up with it/putting it off for couple of years, why not wait one more harvest, and then not run the risk of screwing something up during rehab.

And another thought-my friend did the same surgery a year later, but unfortantely, he had some complications, eventually turned out ok, but was a bit of a battle. He was glad that he had surgery after harvest, and then had the entire winter to get things squared away-he would have been worthless trying to harvest had he scheduled surgery 5 weeks before harvest. Not trying to scare you, but something to think about.

Good luck, do the rehab (you will get tired of people telling you that, but I truly believe that is the key to a speedy and complete recovery) and you will be fine. We are lucky to be able to have access to such technology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)