AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tale of 2 cities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 9/15/2021 08:38 (#9221265 - in reply to #9221230)
Subject: RE: Tale of 2 cities

North of London

Is that a region's uniform or a society choice of clothing?

Interesting that I came across this story this morning where a man wearing the clothing from his society was told he should not be in their public building in those clothes in another country.

https://www.royalgazette.com/general/news/article/20210914/india-bermuda-shorts-ban-they-shouldnt-be-dressed-up-as-if-they-are-going-for-a-picnic/?utm_source=newsletter20210915&utm_medium=email&utm_content=article_title&utm_campaign=newsletter

The island’s iconic summer legwear has made headlines in India after a man was told off by a pensions office employee for wearing shorts.

Bermuda shorts or “half pants” are banned at the state government bureau in Kuber Bhavan, Vadodara, in the state of Gujurat, it was reported.

The Times of India said that the rule came to light when Tushar Teredesai, an IT professional, went to the Pension Payment Office to discuss problems with his father’s monthly payment.

He told the newspaper: “When I was inquiring about the issue, one of the employees walked up to me and said that wearing shorts in the office wasn’t allowed.

And yes in Bermuda that type of clothing is considered business apparel so should a person wear the same type of clothing as everyone else in society?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)