AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The epidemic of fake disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 6/30/2021 16:03 (#9086169 - in reply to #9085571)
Subject: RE: The epidemic of fake disease

E.Central MN
I guess it's your choice to wait until things like polyps in your colon develop into colon cancer or prostate cancer spreads in your body instead of getting a colonoscopy every 7 years or having something as simple as a PSA test done once a year. My family inherited a defective gene that puts us at higher risk of things like prostate cancer and other cancers. My nephews were advised to get checked at younger age and it was a good thing as one of them had a very aggressive form when he was in his 30's and another got it in his early 50's, they were able to detect the prostate cancer before it spread from the prostate. Maybe you think it's no big thing and that you'll just live with it if you get it, which may be fine if you're in your 70's. But ignoring it is likely to severely decrease your quality of life at some point. It's your choice. Personally, I'd be a little concerned if I had a young doctor that wasn't very concerned about the effects of diabetes on older patients or viewed PSA tests as a waste of money. I'm sure, he'll just deal with it when the time comes...after the situation of his patient becomes more serious. It's your choice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)