AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The epidemic of fake disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/29/2021 16:55 (#9084568)
Subject: The epidemic of fake disease

Pittsburg, Kansas
This presentation will be highly controversial. Some will not like the message at all. Especially if they have been screened, problem found, and they feel it saved their life.

One personal anecdote in the case of my wife and I involved a CAC scan, which I have spoken favorably on this discussion forum. This video will down play it. But I have to admit, although I think the CAC has good application, it can be used as a "loss leader" for a hospital. In our case when we got our results we were suggested to have a referral to a doctor to discuss going on a statin drug. We promply replied no thank you. But the scan, had we not already informed ourselves on statin drugs, likely would have had them prescribed.

So even if a person disagrees with the content of this video, I think from a logical perspective he brings up some really important things for a thinking person to think about. I believe in not blindly following all medical advice a doctor might dish out. I still believe, my body, my choice. And that I had better educate myself as no one will be more interested in my health than me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNzQ_sLGIuA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)