AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So my friend's elderly mom, early 90s. . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/26/2021 17:06 (#8917568 - in reply to #8916525)
Subject: RE: So my friend's elderly mom, early 90s. . .

There are so many opinions and experiences with both the virus and the vaccine that the way forward should remain a personal choice rather than forced. I can’t imagine how that the vaccine could be nearly as deadly as the virus itself. On the other hand it would be harder to accept a relatively healthy loved one choosing to get the vaccine and then dying shortly thereafter if only because it was chosen, rather than bad luck like catching the virus would be. Unfortunately there could be other long term complications that show up later due to both the virus and the vaccine but we have no way to know until more time passes.

It’s becoming more and more clear that the herd immunity thing might not really come into play. With these new variants coming out it sounds like there is a good possibility that by the time we get the first vaccine out we will have to start all over again with another one. It sounds like it could very well be a perpetual cycle of “chasing our tail” instead of getting out in front of this virus.

The only area of hope to eliminate that never ending cycle appears to be the possibility of effective treatments once infection occurs. It appears that that type of treatment will be effective against a wide variety of variants. That type of treatment is likely the best way forward for society because like it or not we can’t keep hiding from the virus.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)